Sunday, August 03, 2008

Iron Chef


Morimoto is unstoppable, I swear.

Tonight's Iron Chef ingredient was curry. I should have known right then that I needed to change the channel, but it was too late.

Morimoto actually made a curry stew with WAGYU BEEF. I had to wipe the drool from my chin watching him slice the stuff.

After the show, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I took some of my pre-made pav bhaji, which is super-spicy but very smooth, and mixed it with a can of coconut milk. I warmed it and ate it like a nice vegetable soup. Well, of course, I could only eat, like, ten bites of it -- my tummy is still very sore and I can't eat very much. But I enjoyed those ten bites. It needed a smidge of salt but I was too lazy to get back up and get the saltshaker. Pathetic, no?

Rick finished the rest quite gladly. "This needs some chunks of beef in it to be perfect," he noted.

"I know. Some strips of Wagyu beef, right?"

He closed his eyes and just sighed. I think he teared up a little bit, too.

Someday, maybe.

No comments: