Monday, June 02, 2008

Gotta love that technologeeeeee

Woman calls police to free her from her car when her battery died

She didn't know how to manually unlock her door. When the cops got there, they tried to tell her how to do it, but she couldn't hear them. She waved her cell phone at them, so they called her and explained how to slide the lock mechanism WITH HER HAND.

In the same vein, my kids absolutely canNOT believe that I used to have to GET UP AND WALK TO THE TELEVISION TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL. I told them that was my job, that if Poppi told me to get up and change the station, I did it.

And we had four TV stations to choose from.

Ancient History 101, eh?

Reminds me of a Star Trek TNG episode where some culture on some planet had no idea how to repair some system on their planet that made it habitable because it had worked for so long that no-one had bothered to learn how it was made in the first place.

No comments: