Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Curry cravings

I always hate to carry a curry dish into the teacher's lunchroom because I'm afraid the aroma might be disgusting to someone... but lately I just can't seem to get enough curry. Hot, mild, whatever... gotta have it. I've been experimenting with some ways to make curry soup for myself that assuages my Jonesing, and have had varying degrees of success.

I find that I can consume rice IF it is cooked soft and if it has plenty of saucy stuff. I made some rice in a microwave pressure cooker using Swanson's vegetable broth, a can of coconut milk, a bit of coconut oil, and a tablespoon of Patak's mild curry paste... plus a bit of salt.

Holy cow, that was good -- one reason why I'm blogging it, because I will be making it again and I want to be sure I include everything again.

YUM.

No comments: