Saturday, November 03, 2007

NASCAR race day

When I called Mom to tell her I wasn't bringing the girls over because I was sick and had to cancel my appointment this morning, she told me that it was probably a Very Good Thing. Then she reminded me that there's a Big NASCAR Race today at the Texas Motor Speedway, which just happens to be right on I-35W, which I would need to travel on to get to my appointment. The likelihood that I could manage to negotiate that stretch of freeway in the usual time frame is ZERO.

Couple that with how absolutely NASTY I feel this morning and how tubercular my cough sounds, and you get an automatic STAY AT HOME card.

I'm going back to bed now. I might get around to processing all of last night's football pictures. I might not. I have to go fight some germs.

No comments: