Thursday, November 15, 2007

All's well

Apparently the short-lived laptop crash we experienced yesterday was entirely the fault of a corrupted iTunes. Once I figured that out, left my frozen iPod off the charger to discharge completely and reset itself, then dl'd a new copy of iTunes, everything was hunky-dory.

Thank you, God. We did NOT need one more expensive something to deal with. We're already so far behind... well, we won't be "catching up" anytime soon.

This afternoon we were interviewed by a nearby newspaper about Alice being in the Neiman-Marcus/Adolphus Children's Medical Center Christmas Parade in Dallas in a couple of weeks. I don't trust journalists; they invariably screw it all up and get everything bass-ackwards. But it will be fun to see just what they do with Alice's story, since it's such a convoluted one. If we make it in, I'll post a link to the online version (assuming there will be one).

Today I had an official administrative observation during my sixth period Art class. Of course, I had diarrhea all morning beforehand. This appears to be a standard involuntary body response for me when I'm anxious about something. I don't know how it went, but my class was meek and submissive and cooperative (such angels!), so as far as I can tell, things are o-buh-kay-bee.

One of the other teachers, another newbie like myself, is giving me the heebie-jeebies. That's all I'm going to say about it right now, since I'm hoping it will pass. If it doesn't, though, expect more discussion of said heebie-jeebies.

No comments: