Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rudy and Kip

The kittens have names: Rudy is the loud one (and boy is he LOUD) who yowls so much he forgets to eat, and Kip is the quiet one who ate well right from the beginning.

I'm just not cut out for the all-night Mommy duty again, having gladly given that up seven years ago, but Martha thinks she can handle the night-time feedings tonight. Which is as it should be, in my estimation. Last night wasn't much fun; I tried the couch for a few minutes but it was just too hot in the living room and my lower back has been giving me fits ever since Alice was in the hospital (when I had to sleep two nights on a foldout chair contraption). So I brought the box to the bedroom next to me and slept until they woke me up, then I took them out in the living room to feed them.

Anyhow, that's what half-grown kids are good for, isn't it?

No comments: