Saturday, July 21, 2007

Blackout lifted

I did decide to head out last night and wait in line at Wal-Mart in Sherman for HP:DH. I considered pre-ordering several months ago, but I knew that if something goofed up in transit and I didn't get my book for several days, I'd be peeved. So I waited in line. I was about 20th or 25th in line, I think, but I had arrived early enough to beat at least 50 behind me (not that it would've mattered; they had plenty available).

Once I got my Precioussssss [snicker], I browsed for a few grocery items Rick had asked me to pick up while I was out, and got home around 12:45. I read until 2:00, but I just had to go to bed.

The kids woke me up around 8:00, so after I took care of all their issues and got dressed, I started back up at 9:00 and kept reading all day (with multitudinous breaks to take care of motherly stuff like fixing lunch, administering medication, etc.). I finished at around 5:00. I didn't once turn on the television, radio, or computer... I self-imposed a blackout of outside news (although I did answer the telephone).

Now it's finished... all 759 pages of it... and I can log on and find out what's going on in the world again.

And no, I'm not going to tell you what happened at the end.

No comments: