Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dumb random survey

Every so often, my students send me one of these and ask me to do it. Usually I don't have the energy to think about the answers, but I'll give it a shot.

1. Where is your mom right now?
--Denton, Texas

2. Last time you kissed someone?
--My kids, last night at bedtime

3. Name five things you did today.
--Watched "Roman Holiday" three times, ate a cinnamon breadstick from Domino's, got violently ill and puked up my toenails, tried to pick up a snapping turtle by its tail, received a letter of rejection from Valero (the oil refinery in Ardmore) telling me they don't need my kind working for them (hehe).

4. The one item in your home you just cannot part with?
--Ugh, I have to pick just one? My laptop, I guess. My Roland keyboard and my Martin guitar are close seconds. We're assuming this is talking about non-human sorts of things, otherwise I'd say my kids.

5. What kind of phone do you have?
--an LG piece of pigpoop that barely works

6. Where does your best friend work?
--at an upscale department store in West Des Moines, Iowa and at a high school in Des Moines as an associate.

7. What are you listening to?
--the fan blowing

8. What do you smell like?
--just myself, I guess. Perhaps a faint trace of CK1 cologne.

9. what color are your eyes?
--brown

10. Have you ever done a Chinese fire drill?
--of course.

11. What color is your bedroom floor?
--godawful pink

12.Do you have a chair in your room?
--yes, at my computer desk

13. What are you doing tomorrow?
--teaching, taking my son to a Cub Scout meeting

14. Do you know anyone who is engaged?
--my cousin Lacie in OkraHoma

15.What is your favorite time of day?
--late night

16. Do you know someone named Betsy?
--I went to college with a girl named Debra who had a twin sister named Betsie who was a cadet at West Point. But I didn't know her personally.

17. What color is your mom's hair?
--Brown, with lighter brown highlights

18. Do you have a dog?
--yes

19. Do you remember singing any songs as a kid?
--all the TIME

20. When was the last time you talked to one of your siblings?
--I only have one. I think it might've been last week.

21. Do you play an instrument?
--lots

22. Do you like fire?
--yes

23. Are you allergic to anything?
--nah, not really

24. Do you have a crush on anyone?
--I'm married. Those days are O-VER.

25. Best friend?
--the best in the world. I love her.

26. Have you ever been to a spa?
--mm-hmm!

27. Do you like butterflies?
--definitely

28.Do you miss someone right now?
--my best friend.

29. Does someone miss you right now?
--I think she misses me, too.

30. Have you ever seen your school counselor?
--I try not to.

31. Have you ever wanted to be a teacher?
--Not really. No. hehe

32. What is one thing you've learned about life?
--That you need to be who you were meant to be, not who others think you ought to be.

33. Whats your favorite color?
--Green

34. Is anyone jealous of you?
--I doubt it. Why would they be?

35. Ever been stuck in an elevator?
--Yes.

36. What does your mom call you?
--Sis

37.What do your friends call you?
--What friends? My best friend calls me by my name; I don't have any others.

38. What does your hair look like right now?
--slightly messy but not bad

39. Has a friend ever used you?
--if they used me, they weren't my friend to begin with.

40. Has anyone ever told you they liked you more than a friend?
--sure

41. What have you eaten today?
--nothing that has stayed down, unfortunately.

42. Who was the last person you drove with?
--my daughter

43. What are you looking forward to?
--my trip to Washington, DC this summer

44. How are you today?
--I've been better, really.

No comments: