Friday, March 16, 2007

What I saw this afternoon

I went for a brief drive here in my neighborhood (Grayson County, Texas) and saw many things. Here are a few of them:

A semi hauling live trees... really BIG live trees. I followed him east out of North Ruralville on FM 902 and was grateful when he turned south toward Gunter. Of course, since I was just meandering, it didn't matter where he turned. I was, however, tired of meandering so slowly.


Coffee Bar to your right.


I like brick walls and little decorative bits of stuff you sometimes find on the ones with a little more seasoning and character. Those are euphemisms for age, of course, but we'll not go there for now, will we?

A nasty little pile-up on one of the main thoroughfares in Sherman, Texas. As I drove by, an older man was being put into the ambulance; his face was covered with blood. The young man in the red jacket had been handcuffed.


A friendly white cat with brilliant blue eyes welcomed me onto my front porch. I have no idea what his name is or who he belongs to, but that goes for all the other hundred and fifty cats and other assorted animals which traipse the streets of North Ruralville.

No comments: