Friday, March 16, 2007

The view from beneath

As I was driving by the old water-tower here in North Ruralville, my keen sense of sneakiness overcame me -- the gate to its surrounding fence was open! Never one to pass on an opportunity, I hit the brakes and hopped out of the mommyvan with my trusty Cybershot. I just think it's fun to look at life from an unusual angle once in a while... don't you?

Some might find this view of the tower disorienting or even disturbing. I'm choosing to see it as enlightening, inspiring, or at the very least, interesting.

I suppose, then, that that's how I should also view this time in our lives. We're further down than we've ever been, financially, and to say that it is disorienting and disturbing is an understatement.

But if I'm going to come through to the other side with the necessary gains, I need to shake off the negative lenses and start seeing this through different eyes.

The view from underneath might afford me a fresh perspective.

No comments: