Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Today's fortune cookie


I'm looking forward to it.

I went to the doctor today to have some of my med levels tweaked. My blood pressure, which had still been sky-high red-zone-level (200/150 was an average reading for me -- the nurse kept trying over again and finally said, "Don't you feel horrible with BP that high?" and I'd say "Why yes, yes I do feel like pigpoop, thanks."), was resting comfortably at 108/80 (wow!). I think that's the lowest it's been all year. This is a Very Good Thing; I'm quite sure that the severe bout of depression and confusion I began experiencing about a year and a half ago was just a symptom of my health going out of whack, and I didn't have the wherewithal to advocate for myself and actually deal with it. I know I hadn't felt right for a really long time. I sometimes wish I could rewind the past two years and re-do them as a healthy non-depressed person. Alas, that isn't possible.

I'm still not out of the woods, but things are surely looking up, regardless of what a little piece of paper baked into a stale cookie says. I say "looking up" because that's what you do when you're sitting at the bottom -- you look up. You look up, and you dodge what people are dumping down the hole.

Guess I'd better start climbing.

No comments: