Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Break

I have to work tomorrow, but the students of North Ruralville are out for Thanksgiving. I can't begin to adequately express the relief I am experiencing at having a break. I desperately need to play catch-up with lesson plans and grading and such.

The holidays will be spent doing a Day-Long Drive-By through southern Oklahoma. First stop: Madill, Oklahoma, at the Baptist Retirement Village where my dad's mom lives. Dad's whole family will be gathering there for the noon meal.

Afterwards it's a few miles east, to Kingston and our family's cabin on Lake Texoma. There, a number of my mom's side of the family will be gathering to share the evening meal.

My kids left with JoeMama this afternoon for the Texoma cabin. Mom's going up there a couple of days early to start getting things ready, and she offered to take the kids up there. I can't believe they agreed to it, actually, because there's no HOT TUB at the cabin, but I think they were lured away by the novelty of "going somewhere else" besides home. Hey -- just means more peace & quiet around here. Besides, I might actually get a few things done.

No comments: