Sunday, September 17, 2006

Complete the thought...

The latest meme, taken from my blogmom SarahK. It's going to take a lot of thought. Hope I'm up to it.

Never again in my life: will I watch that hideously awful movie Closer with Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Clive Owen and Julia Roberts. Biggest waste of eight bucks EVER. Pointless, nihilistic crap with absolutely no cheer, nothing redeeming; empty and vapid.

When I was five: I thought my kindergarten teacher, Miss Elizondo, was a beautiful princess.

High school was: where I learned to hate the way I looked.

I will never forget: the Preamble to the Constitution, thanks to that "Schoolhouse Rock" song.

I once met: Majel Barrett Roddenberry, at a Star Trek convention in Fort Worth in 1992. No, I didn't wear a Klingon costume. Would I have, if I had had one? Probably. Qapla!

There's this girl I know who: pretends to be a missionary so she can mooch from people, and it's perfectly amazing how many seemingly rational and intelligent people in her church fall all over themselves to fawn over her and give her everything she wants.

By noon, I'm usually: awake enough to pay attention. Usually. Not always.

Last night I: bought a couple of skirts at Catherine's. Eleven years of casual-clothing church has left slim pickings (heh) in the Texas Sunday Morning wardrobe department of my closet.

Next time I go to church: will be next Sunday morning, assuming no-one's sick, and I'll probably wear one of my new skirts that I bought last night at Catherine's. I wore one of them this morning.

What worries me most: forgetting something critically important. It's not outside the realm of possibility, since I've elevated forgetfulness to an art form.

When I turn my head right, I see: my Epson Stylus Photo R320 printer. And the paper tray is a bit dusty. I think I'll dust it.

When I turn my head left, I see: my stack of stuff that needs to be done by tonight. I *so* don't want to have to type up this week's vocabulary words, with their definitions and Latin roots, but that's what I get paid the big bucks for, right? [snicker] Uh-huh, yeah.

You know I'm lying when: you won't, because I don't lie. I may not tell you ALL I know, but I won't lie. I can't. I hate being caught, and I know I'm not a good enough plan-ahead kind of person to lie and cover it up properly. Nevermind that it's wrong...

If I were a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be: the "mistress" he writes of in Sonnet 130: "My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun..."

By this time next year:
Hmmm... that's a tough one, since a year ago I would *never* have imagined I'd be in North Ruralville, Texas, teaching English to freshmen and sophomores. I have no earthly idea what I'll be doing or where I'll be this time next year. It's a total 52-pickup kind of thing at this point.

A better name for me would be: I like my name just fine, thank you. When I was in third grade, though, I really wanted to have the name "Eleanor." Don't ask me why. I wasn't a normal child.

I have a hard time understanding: the popularity of Sex & The City and Desperate Housewives.

If I ever go back to school I'll: get my MFA.

You know I like you if: I speak to you.

Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferarro are: Bogus, genius, hilarious, nefarious

Take my advice, NEVER: try to stop a 3-wheeler by running into a barbed-wire fencepost.

My ideal breakfast is: a 44-oz fountain Coke with crushed ice (if I were in Iowa, I'd say Pepsi, but the Pepsi formulation down here in Texas is just nasty, so I've had to switch to Coke).

A song I love, but do not have, is: "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne. Just kidding.

If you visit my hometown, I suggest: Hmmm, I don't know if I can quantify one single place as my "hometown." I was born in Houston, but haven't been back since I was a little kid. I graduated from high school in Paris, Texas, but didn't live there very long either.. I did most of my growing-up in the Oklahoma City area, so I guess that would qualify as my hometown... I recommend visiting the site of the Murrah Federal Building bombing memorial; it's very moving. And of course, Bricktown is one of the best downtown areas I've ever seen, anywhere, hands down. OKC -- it's kewl.

Why won't anyone: pay me to play my piano and paint watercolor full time?

If you spend the night at my house, DO: plan on staying up late, playing cards and laughing. And eating the best guacamole you ever tasted.

The world could do without: Islam. And spyware that makes random popups happen on my computer so I'm going to have to wipe it down completely and start over because I can't find the stupid .exe program that's causing it. And Paris Hilton.

I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: Oh, that's just the nastiest. I honestly can't think of anything I'd do that for. [shudder] Eww! Who came up with this stupid meme, anyway?

My favorite blonde is: Owen Wilson.

Paperclips are more useful than: twelve-year-old girls.

San Diego means: Tijuana is just over the bridge.

Feel free to take this one up, just realize that it took me several hours to complete it because I wanted to put a lot of thought into it. Why? Who knows? I'm not known for my good sense.

Apropos of nothing, I made a really good pitcher of jasmine green tea yesterday, and I'm enjoying it over ice right now. Very refreshing, indeed.

No comments: