Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Scrumptious pork ribs


I cooked up some country-style pork ribs tonight and the kids absolutely raved over it. I rubbed them all over with Dijon mustard, put them into a baking dish, then shook some of Paula Deen's house-seasoning (basically garlic powder, salt and pepper mixed together into a shaker) over the top of them. I baked them at 325 degrees for an hour, took them out and let them rest for about ten minutes. Then I sliced them up and served them with a green salad.

Sounds too easy to be true, but you won't believe how delicious this is. The Dijon mustard mellows while cooking and mingles with the pork juices to create the yummiest sauce, which you can then pour over your meat on your plate like a bit of gravy.

Not low in fat, unfortunately, but very high on flavor. All three of my kids cleaned their plates and wanted more. Even Bijou the wonder-poodle was totally worked-over by the smell of these ribs, so I gave her one of the big bones out on the patio to gnaw on and she was quite pleased.

No comments: