Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Puttering

Woke up this morning ready to start my summer off right. My teaching partner Judy came over at 8 AM and picked me up in her BMW convertible (wheee!) and drove me to Gray's Lake, where we walked about a mile or so and enjoyed the morning breezes.

This afternoon, the kids and I went to Wal-Mart and bought some coleus plants and some soil amendments. I need to borrow a rototiller because I know good and well I'm in no shape to till that hard-packed dirt by hand. It felt good to be outside, though. I'm tired of being cooped-up indoors, and I'm tired of being pasty and pale and sickly-looking. Since I dropped off the worship-team at church a few weeks ago, I've gotten used to having no extra responsibilities. My family doctor has been checking me thoroughly and helping me de-stress, and I'm finally beginning to peel away the layers of crud that have built up inside me. It's time to regroup, and I need it badly.

Ahhhhh... summer. I love summer. Summer, summer, summer, summer!!! Wheeee!!!

No comments: