Saturday, June 10, 2006

Puttering Progress


The coleus plants are in. Now it's time to put more stuff in behind it... decisions, decisions... perhaps some New Guinea Impatiens.

The bare-dirt area under the maple tree was as hard as dirt could be, and very rooty and dusty when I tried tilling it. I didn't want to till too deeply, since it's right underneath the tree and I don't want to endanger that maple tree one bit. It's a large enough area that putting hostas there might break the bank, but that's probably the only thing that will be happy there and that will come back each year. I could split up some of the hosta plants we already have, but I hate to bother established plants that aren't crowded or anything. No, I'll probably have to bite the bullet and buy something.

We shall see. Putter, putter, putter. It's a good thing.

No comments: