Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Sleeping-in on a Sunday morning is certainly luxurious! I haven't done it very many times in my life.

We went to worship service this afternoon instead, at Mission Arlington. It's an inner-city ministry that holds church services in apartment complexes all over the area on Sunday mornings, and then on Sunday afternoons has a gathering for all the volunteers. My sister & her husband have been volunteering there for several years now, and I've never had the opportunity to check it out.

I'll be honest... I don't even want to have to go back to Des Moines. It's the first time I've really felt that way since we moved away more than ten years ago. As soon as I get back, I'm going to finish sending out resume's to the school districts around here. The only thing holding us back from moving down here now is whether I can get a job here... and the only job I do not want is the job I'm currently doing -- the behavior-disorder classroom. It's just far too stressful for me. I can handle lot of things, but that one tests my limits pretty hard. And it's not really the kids that are the problem! It's the attitude that administrators and other teachers have towards my students.

We're getting ready to leave and head back north. We're going to do the all-night thing again, since it seems to work so well for us. Regular blogging to resume tomorrow sometime.

No comments: