Friday, May 05, 2006

Again



Played at a beautiful wedding tonight, but just as I sat down at the bench to begin playing the prelude music, I realized a headache was fast approaching and that there was not one single thing I could do to stop it because I couldn't get up and leave. So now, even though I took drugs as soon as I was done, I have a raging headache because I just didn't catch it in time.

This is one of the ones that makes my eye twitch. Sometimes it's the nauseating kind, other times it's the get-me-into-a-dark-room-NOW kind, but tonight it's the muscle-twitch kind.

I still managed to make it through the piano music. The soloist for the Lord's Prayer had a lovely, lovely voice, but he was terribly nervous and came in early on every single pickup... so I began to anticipate this and get in under him -- and then he didn't come in at all on part of it, so I kept fooling around until he did -- but we finally managed to end up in the same place at the same time. It really was a beautiful wedding and a very sweet little couple, and I wish I could've enjoyed it more, but all I wanted to do was get into my van and go home. I found a side exit and quietly slipped out after I was done playing.

Yes, I know. I need to see my doctor about this. I will, I promise. I'm definitely tired of this. I have a significant suspicion that it's hormone-related, that I'm beginning the power-surge thing already or something like that. I wish there was a way to just do a shut-down and have it be all-done, rather than having to eke my way through it. I guess that's called a hysterectomy, but surely there's something less invasive and debilitating than that.

Blech. Good night.

No comments: