Thursday, March 30, 2006

It was a dark and stormy night...

Lots of storms tonight. We had a tornado warning at about 5:45 this afternoon, but we didn't go to the basement because the activity was all to the east of us.

It was nice to have just a regular evening at home. We didn't even have any errands to run, which was good because I didn't like the stormy weather all around us. Sometimes it's just better to be snug at home, y'know?

I uploaded pictures of my sister getting fitted in her wedding dress and ordered prints from Clark Photo. I've been very happy with their online service, the speed of delivery, and the quality of the photos. I'm sure there are other good ones out there, too, but Clark is where I've landed for now, and unless they do something to make me unhappy, that's probably what I'll stick with.

My sister looks like a queen in her dress... it's lovely, elegant, understated and classy, just like she is. Her wedding is at the end of May. I'm not posting these pics, not because they're not good, but because it's just not cool to publish pix of the bride in her dress prior to the wedding, y'know? I did have prints sent to MamaSue, though, so she and Bethy can have them to show people if they want to, and so they can have them for posterity's sake.

I'm actually going to go to bed early tonight. I'm trying to get a jump on the time change. I'm still going to try to do the "reset" on Saturday, and on Sunday morning if I can find some bright light. I wonder if the stage lights at church would work?

The pastor has asked us to do Love God, Love All again on Palm Sunday, so on Tuesday night Jeff introduced it to the rest of the band and we made another recording of it with more vocalists and more instrumentalists. He'll distribute the recording to the rest of the worship team so they can practice it ahead of time and learn it.

I still love the song, but it's funny -- I'm not really thinking about it anymore. I'm already thinking about what to compose next, actually... kind-of like "Okay, that's done, y'all do with it whatever you want, it doesn't matter because I've got other stuff to work on now." It's kinda cool, though, to have a song up on the PowerPoint projector and to have my own name printed at the bottom of the slide...

No comments: