Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday's Auction



Today I have a painting based on a photograph I saw on Jeff Gitchel's photoblog. Jeff is an Iowa photog who posts one photograph each day on a photo-blog. Some time ago he posted a photo that he'd snapped at Gray's Lake here in Des Moines, of a couple of wild rose blossoms. The wild rose is the state flower of Iowa, incidentally. Anyway, I loved that photo instantly and knew I would want to paint it at some point in the future. Well, now's the time.

Here's a link to his photo: Cement Flower

I'm calling my painting "Wild Roses" (original and creative, yes, I know, but let's not complicate matters, okay?)... and it's an original watercolor painting on acid-free 140lb. Canson paper, paper size is 9x12, image size is 7x10. Bidding starts at $20; use the Comments to bid. At 10PM Central, bidding's over. Winner pays through Paypal, Amazon, or money order. Personal checks must clear before I will ship. If you are the auction winner, please inform me of your location so I can give you an exact shipping amount to add to your payment.

Thank you for looking!! If you like what you see, spread the word -- please!

No comments: