Tuesday, December 27, 2005

And eleven hours later...



We arrived at my parents' home in Denton at 10PM and the kids immediately went berserk over the PRESENTS waiting for them here. Among the many: Isaac got a RC Batmobile... Erica got a digital camera... Martha got a Gameboy... Alice got a Leapster... and I got to open a video iPod!! Wahoo!!

Now I'm sitting in my bedroom upstairs, blogging, WITH THE WINDOW OPEN AND THE CEILING FAN ON. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. I think he must live in Texas.

And speaking of states, I don't mean to belittle all the Kansans who might perchance be reading my humble blog, but the view of you guys' state from I-35 leaves, well, much to be desired. I kept wondering for what purpose Kansas was created in the first place, to be honest. I mean, I've actually been in some nice parts of Kansas, but you'd never know they existed if you just saw the sights from the interstate highways there.

Now the ten or twenty mile stretch of weird hilly treeless prairie somewhere between Emporia and Wichita is, well, fascinating and strange and almost moonscape-ish... but I don't know that I'd call it pretty.

Anyway, enough about Kansas. It certainly went on long enough, that's what. I was glad to see some Oklahoma red dirt (of course, being an Oklahoman by birthright if not by actual birth) and any number of Braum's Ice Cream restaurants -- WHICH I will be enjoying at least once or twice while here.

Now I need to go outside and move my van out of the driveway so Pop can get out and go to work in the morning, and I also need to charge up my iPod so I can load up all my tunez tomorrow. [happy dancing]

Merry Christmas, y'all!!!

No comments: