Thursday, November 24, 2005

Things are looking up

I know I said I wasn't going to talk about this subject, but I do want to share whenever something good happens.

Tonight, as Rick and I stood to pray with Isaac and Alice in their room at bedtime, I invited Martha to come stand with us, and I held out my hand.

Any other time before, she would angrily refuse. Tonight she actually came over and HELD MY HAND and prayed with us. In fact, ever since she began taking a low dose (2.5 mg) of a drug called Abilify every morning, she has begun to show signs of willing participation in family life. She speaks to us rationally... makes accurate observations... and just generally connects in ways she never did before.

My heart is glad. Maybe it sounds like no big deal to you, but to me, it means more than I can express. It's a glimmer of hope for things to come.

No comments: