Thursday, August 25, 2005

Couple of items of interest...

I don't have a lot of time this morning, but a couple of items in the news caught my interest yesterday:

2 Suspects, Parakeet Sought In Robbery
Yes, you read that right... a couple came in to the store; the woman had a bird on her shoulder that she kissed during the holdup.


Missing Boy Found With Sex Offender He Met Online
The money quote in this article? "The boy's mother said he'd been communicating with adults on the Internet despite safeguards and blocks she put on his computer." Huh? How about taking his computer away? I'm sure that never occurred to her. Although I know that there are computers in public libraries, and heaven knows the librarians wouldn't interfere in a budding relationship like that. Might as well provide that at home so you can at least know your son is cavorting with freaks online.


..................................

Students arrive this morning. I'm actually relieved; it means that most of the first-of-the-year meetings are done and people will start sending e-mails to let us know the important stuff now.

Pray for me, though, if you get the chance. This is not shaping up to be a happy year; I'll fill you in later when I get more time.

No comments: