Sunday, July 24, 2005

This is your brain on Islam...



A few headlines from Arab News:

Virtue Commission Not To Have Female Members
"...a commission member who did not wish to be named said, 'The commission never has and never will employ women in an official capacity. The women you sometimes see accompanying the commission's men in their jeep are their wives or sisters volunteering to act as advisers to other women in public places.'"

Remember, to these dudes, it's preferable to let girls burn to death rather than rescue them from a burning school building...


Father Beats Up Daughter for Sending SMS to TV Channel
He caught her text-messaging her admiration to a Lebanese singer (female).


Islamic Advice Column (dare I call it "Dear Abu"?)
Q. I have thick eyebrows that come all across my face, with no partition in the middle. Is it permissible for me to cut them in the middle, or to cut unwanted thick hair?

I don't make this stuff up. Go read it.

No comments: