Saturday, April 23, 2005

Wait a minute... it's Saturday... and I'm posting?

I know. It's just not something I do -- post on a Saturday afternoon, that is. But here I am. SoulFire practice didn't pan out; we all showed up except the lead guitar, and we couldn't get hold of him so we have no idea what happened. His mom has been really sick, so we're guessing he was dealing with family concerns. Anyway, we took the opportunity just to chat for a while about different stuff, which was nice.

My outfit for tonight for the prom? Well, my color is brown. I'm not wearing a formal, per se, although it's a very classy ensemble in my opinion. It's a top and a skirt; the top is a stretchy lace with sparkles, and the skirt is a Michael Kors brown silk that I picked up for a steal on clearance. It's a little too dressy for most occasions that I might have. I'm going to have my face "done" at the department store where Cindy works, by one of the Origins girls. I'll do my hair myself, although I am not liking how it's behaving today already. I may re-wash it and start over.

I should probably take a quick nap, because I'm liable to be out late-ish tonight and tomorrow morning is going to come really early... but I'm too keyed-up. I wish I'd gotten myself a corsage or something, now that I think about it. Phooey. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids all spiffed-up tonight. I'm definitely bringing my camera. And I'll leave my usual chaperone-flashlight at home. It's Prom, for goodness' sake.

No comments: