Friday, March 18, 2005

Mallblogging

I'm working on a project, but thought I'd take a sec to blog from the mall since I think it's so cool that I can.

The Jordan Creek Town Center is packed to the gills with high schoolers... many, of course, from Des Moines because we're out for Spring Break. But there are a fair number of out-of-towners here for the boy's state basketball tournament. I saw three girls walking in a line, and I kid you not, three boys who were obviously "attached" to them were each walking about three feet behind them, also in a perfect line. The girls were chatting and obviously "at home" in the mall. The boys looked about as whipped as I've ever seen, looking around in a daze, not knowing quite what to do with themselves in such a place. They're the same guys you'll see in about forty years, sitting in the middle of the mall on the couch, waiting for their wives to come out of Christopher & Banks, staring into the floor and wondering why they're there when they could be asleep on their own couch at home.

Okay, blogging's done for a while. I have more than enough work to do. Catch y'all later.

No comments: