Saturday, March 05, 2005

Mallblogging!!!!

Thank you A MILLION TIMES OVER to Blue Fish for his masterful help in setting me up to wi-fi away from home. I've offered him my firstborn, but he says he's already got one of those. A gigantic bowl of my homemade guacamole, perhaps?

I'm sitting in the Food Court at the Jordan Creek Town Center in West Des Moines, Iowa. The only thing that's missing now is a little electrical outlet underneath every table so I can plug in my laptop and not have to use the battery. I'm not spoiled, am I?

The Tomlin/Chapman/Casting Crowns concert last night was wonderful... Casting Crowns is a simply terrific group of folks from Atlanta, Georgia. I thought Tomlin's hair was a little scruffy-looking, though, and not in a good way. He has a really nice voice, and thankfully we were far enough away from the stage that I wasn't too distracted by his appearance. His lead guitarist, however... well, I didn't NEED to see him to be totally bowled over by his talent. He was unbelievable on that electric guitar. Blew me away. He could've looked like a Martian toad, I don't know. I didn't pay too much attention. Slam me a few more of those riffs, buddy, and I'm yours. heh

The manager here at the Villa Pizza food stand is getting on my nerves. He has this weird code thingy where he claps his hands a certain number of times to mean certain things. I have no idea what the code is, but I'm a little concerned that if he claps any louder, my laptop will turn off. And then on again.

I really should be getting something done. I have an assignment to turn in for my ProfCom class, so I'll knuckle under and actually be productive. SoulFire practice today -- wahoo!!

No comments: