Saturday, February 26, 2005

Iowa BlogFest

Went to Wellman's Pub tonight and met all kinds of interesting folks:

Chad, Don & Jeff from Tusk & Talon
Doug & Jody from Iowageek
Royce from Iowa Libertarian
Joe from TaxUpdateBlog
Kris from Random Mentality
Dave from Hog Haven
Jill from Purple Fish Guts
Steph from Bob
Jarod from One Brick Shy
Brett from Beat Canvas

I think that's everybody. I had a great time! Thanks to Jeff from Tusk & Talon for putting it all together. I sat between Don and Joe, and enjoyed the company of both gentlemen. All of these guys are incredibly funny; perhaps that's one of the prerequisites for being a blogger? I wore my Frank J. special Nuke The Moon t-shirt; Dave had on his "Take That, Hippy: Four More Years" George W. Bush shirt. Royce is definitely a rabid libertarian, and I enjoyed listening to him assert his opinions with the, um, less-right-leaning members of the group.

Royce and Doug both tried valiantly and expertly to get my computer to log onto the wi-fi connection at Wellman's, to no avail. My computer connects with the service, but I can't call up any web pages. I wish I knew why!! It's very aggravating. I wonder if it's my particular ISP (mchsi.com)? I may give their tech people a call and see if they have any suggestions.

No comments: