Sunday, December 12, 2004

Sunday stuff

Worship this morning went well. I arrived in the building quite early, mainly because I was ready and didn't want to sit around the house when I could possibly be rehearsing a little bit. The stage area was set up for the children's choir musical, unfortunately, and the person who played the piano accompaniment for them was one of the sit-down kind of keyboard players. I'm a stand-up person, myself... so I was feeling a little extra-short. I'm only five feet tall as it is, so any height I can gain is nice. It's no fun when you have to sit down. Plus I don't get as much forearm impulsion when I'm sitting. AND... the best reason of all for those of us who can't be still... when you stand up, you have a built-in excuse to move around a bit.

Okay, I'm headed off to visit my friend who's locked up in a drug treatment program; he has visiting hours this afternoon. It makes me ill to think of the wasted lives of these young people who get hooked on methamphetamines. It's a vile substance and it does vile things to the body. And people can't seem to quit doing the crap.

No comments: