Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Pearl Harbor Day

Today marks sixty-three years since our naval base at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii was attacked by Japanese planes. I was not alive then. My parents weren't even alive then. My grandparents were just fresh-faced Oklahoma teenagers emerging from the Depression, doing chores on their respective family farmsteads.

But I will not forget what happened that day, even though I was not alive to remember it first-hand. You shouldn't forget it, either.

Here are a few links to mark this day:

A Pearl Harbor Timeline

63-Year-Old Echo of Pearl Harbor

His Job Was to Identify Pearl Harbor Dead

None of us should forget the attack on our country back then... it should serve as a continual reminder that there are truly malevolent forces in our world, whose aim is only to destroy us -- not to peacefully co-exist with us, not even to subdue us -- to DESTROY us. They must not prevail.

They must not.

No comments: