Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Ocean's Twelve

Fun movie! There were several laugh-out-loud moments. A slick and surprising heist movie, as usual. The twist at the end is priceless.

My one complaint: Camera angle issues. Several of them were disorienting and even nausea-inducing. Of course, I'm a little more sensitive than the average schmo, I suppose -- I can't bear to go to an IMAX theater because I get motion sickness. Anytime a movie has one of those shots from the front of a flying airplane, I have to close my eyes or look away. Anyway... one of the shots in Ocean's Twelve was literally sideways. The camera watches a plane coming in for a landing, but it does it completely on its side. I felt ill, and it looked as though the plane was coming in for a crash rather than a landing.

Another time, the camera does one of those fast zoom-ins on each of the eleven, individually. Again, I had to look away.

All in all, though, a delightfully twisty and entertaining flick. If you liked the first one, you'll like the second one, too.

No comments: