Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas to yas!

Santa's made his rounds at our house (well, we're actually at Grandma's house in Texas, not our own house in Iowa, but Santa knows that kind of stuff), and it's time to head to bed.

The coolest thing that happened today? Meeting my blogmommy in person!

Yes, the inimitable SarahK and I met at Chipotle restaurant in Hurst, Texas this afternoon at 3:00 PM. I can heartily attest to the fact that she's even more adorable in person. I was hoping I'd get the opportunity to meet her face to face before she shipped off to parts unknown back east, but didn't really think it would ever happen. But as it happens, we were both in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex area on the same day and we found out about it a couple of days in advance, so we planned a little meet 'n' greet. "Essay" even joined us, and it was sooooooo cool to meet up with those two gals.

SarahK had some, er, delay issues this morning, and let me just say that I'm glad she actually ARRIVED ALIVE, okay? But we did meet up, and she got to experience the onslaught of my little tribe of savages known as Martha, Alice and Isaac (and daddy Rick, too).

And the guacamole at Chipotle is awesome!!! I may have to work to reproduce that in my own guacamole, which is already renowned among my friends and acquaintances. It's just yummy, hands-down.

I'll probably be away from the 'puter tomorrow because we're traveling back north in the morning (I'm not wi-fi travel-ready laptopped or anything yet... someday...). So in the meantime, if you're reading this, you're obviously bored or needing some sort of distraction from annoying family members you never see any other time of year... so take your time. Leave lots of comments (nice ones, please). And have a delightful, merry CHRISTMAS from your friendly neighborhood IowaSoccerMom.

By the way, Christmas Day is also my very own daddy's birthday, so you guys wish Poppi Mel a Happy Birthday, k?

No comments: