Sunday, December 26, 2004

Hello again, Iowa

We made it back home last night at about 9 PM, got the van unloaded (no small feat, I tell you), and crashed to sleep. Ten hours on the highway is enough! Thankfully the kids were completely glazed over, due to my mom lending us her portable DVD player. Those things are miraculous.

Once again, the worship leader at church took a huge chance on me... he had scheduled me to play this morning, even though I wouldn't be able to make it to practice last week. I was SO happy to be back onstage with all of them, though -- thankfully there was only one song in the set that was new, and I picked it up pretty quickly after they played a recording of it for me. This morning they only had one service instead of their usual three, and all the children stayed in during the sermon instead of leaving for children's church. I didn't mind it at all; my kids know how to behave in church, and it reminded me a LOT of when I was a little girl because I let my son draw and write on a piece of paper just like I used to do. The only difference was that when I was little, I was able to use a hymnal to put behind my piece of paper. No hymnals here! I'll tuck that away for future reference so the next time we have a service that he has to sit through, I'll bring a hardback book for him to use.

Tomorrow morning -- oh joy of joys!! -- Rick gets to drive me to the DMV to get my driver's license. I inadvertently let mine expire on my birthday back in November. Then we get to begin the enormous task of sorting through all of our travel accoutrements and Christmas gifts. What fun, though! The kids are having a total laughing fit in the living room because Isaac is playing with his remote control monster-truck. Our dog Bijou is not pleased with this gift, but the kids love it.

Thanks, MamaSue & Poppi!

No comments: