Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Late night plans

Tonight, Rick is home. He had some vacation time that would disappear if he didn't take it now, so he's taking it. I'm taking advantage of his being home, and I'm going out to see Ocean's Twelve. I took an afternoon nap so I wouldn't be too sleepy. I'll give you a review when I get back home (if I'm not already asleep).

Still working on my racehorse painting. I'm not happy with the grade of paper I chose, but a full sheet of watercolor paper is rather expensive, especially if you choose the good stuff. I think I'll bite the bullet next time and go ahead and invest in decent paper. This is 90-lb paper, and it's so thin that it buckles up. I don't like that! The 300-lb stuff is the best, but a full sheet can be $30-40. Ouch! But it doesn't buckle up, and it takes paint perfectly. The best brand is Arches, but I think it's made in France, and I have a personal aversion to French-made products. So it's Canson for me.

No comments: