Friday, December 31, 2004

Interesting anecdote concerning Michael Moore

I had an appointment yesterday and I got into a conversation with the doctor about Michael Moore. Never would've thought I'd end up talking about him with someone I see only a couple of times a year at the most, but anyway, I thought it was interesting. We started out talking about drug companies, and he brought up the fact that MM is now trolling for scum on the Pfizers and Mercks of the world. Then he mentioned that he and his wife weren't terribly politically inclined by nature, but that after they had seen Fahrenheit 9/11, they were so turned-off and irritated with MM that they became Republicans.

This seems to play right into what Glenn Reynolds was talking about this morning. Obviously this was just one single anecdote, but it restores my faith in the average American person who, when presented with intense propaganda, can recognize it for what it is and judge accordingly rather than be sucked-in or swayed by it.

No comments: