Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Happy December!!

I flipped open my cell phone just now, to turn off the ringer for the school day, and the screen had changed -- there were these little Santas up at the top. Cute! I thought it was an awfully nice touch.

I didn't get to practice with the band last night because there was already someone else on the schedule to play this week. I don't want to shove anyone else out of the picture, but I really missed the time nonetheless. I did get the chocolate cake made, and the house smelled incredible. I felt a little bad for Rick, because he has one of those fasting blood tests this morning and he had to come home last night to a house that smelled of chocolate cake. I was pleased that Wal-Mart had avocados that were ripe AND relatively inexpensive... I took it as a clear sign that I was supposed to make guacamole for tonight's group.

Cold and snow for Des Moines this week, according to the forecast. I don't like the cold one bit, but I'm resigned to the inescapability of it, so I just try to ignore it as much as possible. Mom did give me a good suggestion for my cold-feet problem: see, I'm pretty sure the temperature of my feet is directly linked to the outdoor temperature, regardless of the temperature indoors. Even if I wear warm fuzzy house slippers, they're still freezing. But Mom said that sometimes when her feet are just intractably cold, she runs a hot bath and puts her feet into the water for a while. After they've warmed up, she puts on socks AND slippers to insulate them further. I can recommend this method. I only wish I could use it at school.

No comments: