Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Unbelievable Chocolate Cake

You won't believe how good this is... or how easy. I'm not a huge fan of cake, per se, but I love this cake. It doesn't have a frosting or icing, but you could probably use a ganache (for you ambitious types) or even just a light powdered-sugar-and-water glaze. Be adventurous. Be whatever. Just TRY THIS CAKE.

1 yellow cake mix, butter recipe
1 small box chocolate pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. water
8 oz. sour cream
6 oz. milk chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together except for the chips, then add in the chips after the batter is blended. Pour mixture into a greased, floured bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean -- usually around an hour.

I'm going to make this tonight to take with me tomorrow to my first small-group meeting (my new church encourages members & attenders to join a small group that meets sometime during the week, so I chose one that meets at the same time that the kids are in their Wednesday night Awana Club meeting at the church). I offered to bring treats to the first meeting. I think I will also make a batch of my home-made guacamole, too. I'll post THAT recipe sometime soon... probably closer to Super Bowl time.

No comments: