Wednesday, October 27, 2004

New Classroom

I've been back in the classroom, teaching again after ten years of raising my babies. I just sent my youngest off to kindergarten this year. I'm now teaching high school special education classes again.

When I taught before, it was always in rural school districts in Texas. Now I'm in a northern inner-city school with a little bit rougher crowd than before. Interestingly, I like it better. Most of these kids are true underdogs, who need an advocate, and who have little or no home support.

I just got my classroom switched around; I like my new room very much. The kids don't like it as well because it's a much smaller room with no windows... but I reminded them that if I put up tropical travel posters & stuff like that, maybe for just a little while we can all forget that we're in Des Moines... and if we still had windows, we'd have to see the nasty weather. Hey, it's a trade-off. In the other room, I had to share with another teacher. Here, I can be by myself.

Plus, I just got a new suede leather jacket and it is making the room smell wonderful. haha

Interesting link of the day. Enjoy this one, it's funny!

No comments: