Friday, March 19, 2010

A little Zen

The Fort Worth Zoo yesterday was one of the most congested, people-filled places I've ever been in. I got lots of fun pics, but I have to confess, it wasn't as much fun and relaxation as I had hoped. There were just too many people there, elbowing in and out, screaming kids, strollers... it was a mess.

So we left earlier than we wanted to, without having seen anywhere near the whole zoo, and headed over to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.

It was kind-of busy, too, since it is Spring Break and it was a beautiful day. But in the Japanese Garden, I found one or two teeny moments of serene Zen.



I am super-tired today; I confess that I was kind-of thankful that my horseback plans had had to be shelved because they had to go deal with a cattle purchase at some sale barn somewhere. I really didn't feel much like getting out today. Couple that with the fact that our toilet wasn't flushing and I had to call a plumber, and you've got the makings of a less-than-pleasant day.

At least the plumber was a super-nice dude who took care of the issue with great speed and low expense.

I'm holding out hope that I'll feel decent tomorrow, although it won't do as much good because we're actually under a WINTER WEATHER WARNING. Yeah, you read that right. I hate winter. HATE IT. HATE IT HARD.

I guess I'm going to have to get a new driver's license. Today was the umpteenth time someone asked to see my DL for an identity verification and they look at the picture, then look at me, then look at the picture again, and I have to tell them that the picture was a hundred pounds ago. Ha!

On a completely different note, my blogmommy SarahK has announced that she and FrankJ are expecting a little one in October. This is the blog-couple for whom I played the piano at their wedding several years ago. Congratulations, you two!

No comments: