Saturday, February 20, 2010

Caturday Olympics

Dad & Dude

Dad is watching the Olympics.

Dude is not.

Dude is, however, occupying his favorite spot in the house, next to his favorite person in the house.

I spent most of the day today at school at an academic competitive meet (UIL, for those of you from Texas who know what that is), so I wasn't around to do my usual Saturday blogging. Once I got home, I had to start cooking for tomorrow's church pot-luck lunch. I made a pasta salad with basil chiffonade, grape tomatoes, baby portabella mushrooms, Caesar dressing, avocadoes and Romano cheese. I also put a pork butt into the crockpot with Dijon mustard and Sauvignon Blanc wine and put it on Low to simmer all night long (I'll pull it apart in the morning before church so it'll be "pulled pork" but not barbecue-flavored). Finally, I fired up the breadmaker and tossed in some flour, peanut butter, honey and pistachio nuts. Should be tasty. Smells heavenly as it's baking.

No comments: