Friday, January 01, 2010

Yum!

May I highly recommend the Barefoot Bubbly Moscato Spumante? It is divine, truly. And inexpensive. Two things I like very much.

I'm using the rest of the bottle to make Champagne Chicken in the crockpot:

Pan-sear a bunch of chicken thighs (boneless, skinless, you can buy them at Sam's Club in a bag from Tyson) in butter, then put them into the crockpot. Make a roux with the remaining butter, then add champagne and stir til it gets thick. Add thyme, cracked black pepper and kosher salt, then pour it over the chicken in the crockpot.

It's simmering on high right now and I'm expecting to enjoy it for lunch later. I'll let y'all know if it turns out. I sorta made it up as I went along.

UPDATE: The chicken itself was very tender and yummy. The sauce would be improved by using chicken stock along with the champagne. I'll try that next time.

No comments: