Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

I was down at the football stadium today, loading up the concession stand refrigerators with pop so they'll be nicely chilled by game time. For a while I had some students helping me, but it was time to get them back to class, so I came back down to finish during my planning period.

I was pretty much done, just poking a few more cans of Dr. Pepper in, when two of the cans exploded all over me. Yah!! I called the high school office and explained to Carrie that I had to go home and shower and change clothes -- those things literally covered me head to toe in sticky syrupy stuff. Luckily I had a little bit of time left before my next class arrived, so I dashed home and took care of the cleanup. I even wore my shoes into the shower to rinse them off. I know, I'm weird. But it's what had to happen.

The Booster Club is paying the Art Department to stock the fridges each week so that we don't have to set up the face-painting table anymore this year. It'll definitely free me up to get some better football photos, since I won't be stuck behind the table now.

No comments: