Sunday, August 23, 2009

The face of stress

Yeah, I'm smiling, but I am a total wreck inside today.


kris082309HR


It is always thus on the day before school. It's one of the sources of the name of my blog, "Anywhere But Here," because I'd rather be just about anywhere else but right here, right now. I can think of a couple of places in particular, but generally I could get in my vehicle this morning and just keep driving.

I won't.

But I could.

I don't have the $$ right now to spend on a haircut, so I took my AuntyAda's advice and just let it be curly again. I'll put on makeup eventually... not now... it's too hot in this house and I'd just sweat it back off. But eventually I will.

After church, I'll be spending the day in my classroom getting the last things tidied up and getting my lesson plans done for the next month. I trimmed off my nails a couple of days ago, and I'm glad I did because otherwise I'd've chewed them off.

No comments: