Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sister-y history



This is my cousin Heather and me. She and I were the first grandchildren of the family, and we grew up together (our families are VERY close). In many ways, we have been more like sisters than just mere cousins... there's a LOT of history between us. I don't often get to see her anymore, since she's a mom of four and I'm a mom of three and she lives in Tennessee while I live in Texas, but occasionally we do get to hang together again. We have the kind of relationship that just always picks right back up where we left off, as if we had just been together yesterday.

She was always the beautiful one -- she was Homecoming Queen of her senior class at a very large Ohio high school. If I didn't love her so stinkin' much, I'd probably have hated her, but it's just not possible to hate Heather.

It's always a major treat to get to spend even a teeny bit of time with her... I treasure every moment.

No comments: