Monday, April 20, 2009

First place!!

My Texas painting did not win anything.

My drawing of the kittycat did not win anything.

But the photo I entered, Jubilation, won first place in its division and received a Gallery Award on top of that.



COOL!! I think there might be some kind of cash award involved, but I'm not sure how much. We will attend the awards ceremony on Friday night and I'll let you know then.

Isaac received an Honorable Mention for his pencil sketch (which, when I get it back, I will scan and post here for you all to oooh and aaahh over) and one of my students received Honorable Mention for her photograph (which should've been in the ribbons because the painting they judged Best In Show for the high school division was truly awful). Isaac's age group, third through fifth grade, was completely swept by Ballyhoo students, as well -- first through third and both honorable mentions went to our kiddos. WOOT!!

No comments: