Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Since we're already sort-of on the subject of smells...

I wanted to introduce you to my newest Fragrance Crush:



Meet Hollister SoCal.

You might be wont to point out to me that this particular Hollister SoCal is from the "Dudes" side of the Hollister clothing store instead of the "Bettys" side. And you'd be correct.

I have had a tendency toward gender-bending with some fragrances, most notably my long-term favorite, CK One. The first time I ever smelled CK1 was on a guy, but it has been sold as a "both" cologne, so I don't suppose it really counts as a men's scent. The other time I did something like that was when I went through my Bath & Body Works "Eucalyptus Spearmint" phase. That one also happened to have been a personal favorite of blogger James Lileks. Alas, they quit making that particular scent in a body splash cologne form. I still use the Eucalyptus Spearmint hand soap, though.

This one, though, is wholly and completely for Dudes. And I heart it. I heart it so much that I bought a small bottle of it for myself this afternoon.

I did run it by the only person for whom it should matter, and he said he liked it. I didn't tell him what it was, I just had some on a card that I had picked up the other day and I put it on my arm and let him take a whiff. He approved and didn't act like it smelled all Dude-ish or anything, so I decided to spring for it and make the leap from CK1 (which I still love and will still use from time to time).

I keep sniffing my arm and loving it, so I think it was a good choice. Next time you're with me, let me know what you think, k?

No comments: