Monday, March 16, 2009

My photography project


Group, originally uploaded by gradualdazzle.

For the past couple of days I have been photographing and processing photographs of D, J and H -- three amazing young ladies from the far north who happen to be in their senior year of homeschooling. I have known the tallest one, H, since she was a precocious five-year-old... which, come to think of it, was probably the last time I was ever taller than she was. Her mom and I have been close friends for lo! these many years, and she thought of me when it came time to do H's senior pictures. She arranged to meet me in the Land Between the Rivers (Iowa), where we descended upon the Des Moines Botanical Center for an afternoon photo shoot. Then she said she'd like to bring a couple of friends along... and what delightful friends! They're all very serious students, but my zany schtick brought out several giggles and snippets of goofiness amid the seriousness of The Senior Pictures.

I am tickled and honored to have been able to be a part of their senior experience... and humbled, too -- I'm no professional photographer, just a hack with a great camera and an eye for loveliness. And there was much loveliness on display in Des Moines this past weekend.

No comments: