Sunday, March 29, 2009

Awesome book


Life of Pi cover, originally uploaded by gradualdazzle.

This book, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, was copyrighted back in 2001, but I was a stay-at-home mom with three little kids and just didn't have the wherewithal to read actual BOOKS at that point in my life.

Now that I have a little more emotional and intellectual energy to keep up with a novel, I try to always have something I'm reading. And just to keep it real, I will confess that I keep the book I'm reading on the back of the toilet. Hey, it's what works for me. Don't judge.

Anyway, I finished this book yesterday and wanted to share it with y'all because it was so unusual and made me smile. I haven't read anything so refreshingly odd in a very long time... there's nothing formulaic about it, but I bet you won't be able to put it down.

No comments: