Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Questionnaire

I got this from my kid sis. Here's my answers:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial?
artificial

3. When do you put up the tree?
when we get around to it. usually sometime around the first week of December.

4. When do you take the tree down?
we feel like we're doing well if we get it down before we go back to school in January.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Not really. Rick loves it, but it just doesn't appeal to me much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmmmm... I got a lot of cool stuff, really. It's hard to pin down just one thing. Perhaps my Pong game back in 1977? That was pretty darn cool. I wish I still had it.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My mom. We all agreed last year to stop buying for the adults, thank goodness, so I don't have to worry about it any more. It was always sheer agony to try to come up with something because my mom is the EXPERT at gift-giving and it doesn't come naturally to me at all.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Rick. He's the ultimate in practical, and he's totally unsentimental... he doesn't require the element of surprise. Which means it's hard for him to buy for ME. I have had to give up on the notion of him surprising me with something, because that's just not how he operates.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Sure. Several, actually. I try to limit them to unusual ones, though. My favorite is my Haitian nativity scene with the coconut creche.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. E-mail is cheating, on Christmas cards anyway.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Probably some practical something-or-other from Rick... once I finally figured out that he needs everything spelled out directly, we didn't have any more gift disasters.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Thanksgiving holiday

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Sure. Not often, but once in a while.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Aunt Bill's Brown Candy

16. Lights on the tree?
Duh! It wouldn't be a Christmas tree without LIGHTS. And I prefer multicolored ones, personally.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Greensleeves

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I prefer to stay at home. We almost always travel to my parents' house, but it isn't far away so I don't really consider that traveling.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Pshyeah. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And Rudolph. Can't you recite the poem or sing the song?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Either. Usually an angel on ours, but I don't have a problem with a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve. We open everyone's presents that night, and then when we get up early on Christmas morning, we find out what Santa brought us. And then we have birthday cake for my Dad, whose birthday is December 25.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Cold. I hate being cold. Especially my feet. There's a lot less of me to go around than there's been in a while, which means I'm even colder than before. I wear at least two pairs of socks at all times. And longhandles under my clothes. And this is in TEXAS. In Iowa... well, I don't even want to think about that. [shudder]

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Ornament theme... I like ornaments made by my kids. Color? Well, my favorite color is green, which works quite well at Christmas.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Prime rib! GO MEAT!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A Nikon D300 with an 18-200mm Nikkor zoom lens. I won't get it, but it's what I want.

What are YOUR answers?

No comments: