Saw this over at Elisson's place. Boldface items are ones I've done.
1. Started your own blog
Isn't that one obvious?
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawai’i
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
You have GOT to be kidding. Not a remote chance in Hadeez.
12. Visited Paris
Graduated from high school there. Oh, you mean Paris FRANCE, not Paris TEXAS, right? Yeah, I've been to the French one too.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
Pretty much all of the ones I do, I have learned on my own. I can't actually think of any that were taught to me by anyone else except perhaps perspective drawing.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
But I think I would if I had the opportunity. I don't know what that says about me, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to know.
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
Twice. It's an awesome sight; I can recommend it if you're anywhere nearby. Drive a couple of hours up to Toronto when you're done -- that's a neat place to visit, too.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
Ancestors... if you mean England and Germany, yes, and if you mean Oklahoma and Texas, well, I never really LEFT those places to begin with, now did I?
35. Seen an Amish community
Yep! In Ohio.
36. Taught yourself a new language
I learned beginning Spanish via correspondence course and did quite well. I also have learned Haitian Kreyol and some rudimentary French. Right now I'm learning Japanese via a Pimsleur CD that I got from my Aunty Oh for my birthday. I LOVE languages and I like to think I have a bit of a gift for picking them up.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
You want my honest answer? No, I never have. I know, I'm supposed to say that I am content, and I truly am -- but it's an uncomfortable sort of contentment, yanno?
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
Not my favorite activity, but I've done it.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
With SarahK, even!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
One of the coolest things I've ever done.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone SCUBA diving or snorkeling
I don't really ever want to. I'm a little afraid of being underwater.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
I saw the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie at a drive-in.
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
The last time I did it, it did not end well.
65. Gone sky diving
Wouldn't do it if someone held a gun to my head. I mean that.
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
One of the things in my life I will never EVER forget.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
First time at age nine, with my great-grandmother. I still have the quilt, too.
73. Stood in Times Square
And a weird woman standing next to us just squatted down and started peeing on the sidewalk. We rapidly vacated that particular section of sidewalk.
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
Don't tell my mom or dad, okay?
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
The Harry Potter books, all four Twilight books... you bet. I will consume a book like a horde of locusts when given the opportunity. I love to read.